Psychologist To Join Thriving Downtown DC Practice
ABOUT THE THERAPY GROUP OF DC
Therapy Nerds Work Here. We recognize strengths and potential in our psychologists who we know make a profound difference and bring about lasting change.
We’re shrinks/innovators. Be part of a progressive practice that seeks to innovate and to utilize cutting-edge technology to enhance the way we do therapy.
We love what we do. We get geekily excited to invest in and develop the infrastructure, technology, and outreach that is key to building and maintaining a thriving group practice.
Consider joining us. Celebrating more than 14 years of serving our community, we are guided by the belief that psychotherapy transforms lives.
- Develop rewarding, long-term therapeutic relationships with motivated, psychologically aware clients.
- Focus time and energy on your real passion for providing therapy and developing your skills as a clinician.
- Provide psychotherapy mainly to individuals, but have opportunities to work with couples and groups.
- Full time (30 direct clinical hours per week).
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
- Excellent therapeutic rapport building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong orientation for collegiality and contributing to a growing team of therapists striving to change mental health care practice.
- Keen interest in utilizing technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based psychotherapy.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program.
- Completion of a Pre-Doctoral Internship at an APA-accredited internship site.
- Licensed, or licensed-eligible, in District of Columbia.
- Must have an interest in and experience with gay, lesbian, bisexual and/or transgendered clients.
COMPENSATION AND FINANCIAL PERKS:
- Annual income starting at approximately $80,000
- Opportunity to earn six-figures within a year
- Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- 401k Match (after one year of employment)
INTENTIONAL PRACTICE & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PERKS:
- Weekly process group for one year to develop skills and strengths as a private practice psychologist.
- Weekly on-going case conference supervision group to continuously sharpen your clinical skills.
- Opportunity to give back to our community and train tomorrow’s leading practitioners by becoming involved with the Capital Therapy Project, our innovative low-fee psychodynamic therapy training institute.
A FORWARD-THINKING PRACTICE:
- We highly value our therapists' empathically nerdy ways.
- We invest in developing innovative lower fee opportunities in our community to systemically offer therapy to even more people.
- We utilize unobtrusive in-session and practice management technology to increase positive and lasting changes.
- Work in exceptionally well-appointed and thoughtfully designed psychotherapy offices and suite.